Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Veni ~ Vidi ~ Voodoo

If you read "It Just Ain't Right" you are aware of the new neighbors attacking our tall, thick hedge between the two yards. We kept the hedge trimmed but thick and high for privacy. We came home to find it pruned back by at least 70 or 80%.

Today I mixed white paint and water 50/50 and coated the newly exposed branches and stems. Also poured a mixture of water and Vit B at their base to help with shock.

While talking to the traumatized bushes I realized that all but two of the cuts were done completely flat! Flat as a corn tortilla! Only two cuts were done on an angle!  Not one cut was done near a branch collar but smack dab in the middle of a long branch.

Ask me how much I like the new people next door? And if I tell you how much I like them, please don't tell Pope Francis!

Each of the cuts will need to be redone to prevent disease and fungus but we'll wait until fall when the plants are dormant to make the necessary cuts.

In the meantime, I am considering taking a quick trip to Barnes and Noble and picking up a Pruning for Idiots guide as a house warming gift!.


Some people should not be allowed to walk around with sharp objects...which is why I will put these hat pins away so no one gets hurt. Oh, look. There are a couple of cloth dolls. That would be a safe place for these dangerous sharp objects.

Hmm, those dolls look familiar!
Bill's quote of the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Play Nice!