Friday, July 25, 2014

Google That!

Do you ever have days when your eyes are brimming with tears, your shoulders are hunched with an unknown weight and your knuckles drag on the hard ground wherever you dare to walk?

That's the day I am having. The crew has abandoned me with Beatrice and she has commented several times this morning, what a downer I am being.

Did you ever see You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? Meg Ryan plays a woman who, for a short period in the movie, is with a man who brings out the worst in her.  She can't help herself but be mean when she is with him, even though her character is a sweet, contemplative woman. Not that she doesn't have reason for being hurt or angry.

It's hard being in the company of someone you love and you are your very worst in their company. When someone inspires your deepest darkest self to reveal itself, what do you do? Like Meg Ryan in the movie, we have the right to be hurt or angry, but we don't have the right to pull others into the muck with us.

I am contemplating a trip. A long trip. Maybe I can house-sit for someone in the mountains, maybe I can take my tent and sleeping bag and stay under the stars for a little while...at least until I get nice again.

Crew come back...Beatrice is out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play Nice!