Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Buffalo and Skates

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd..."

I have "authority issues"! When anyone tells me to do something or not to do something, I have an overwhelming urge to do just the opposite!

When someone tells me I "CAN'T" do something...well, my personal anarchist whispers in my ear, "Let's Do It!"

There are a couple of activities the responsible adult in me just draws the line at. Not many, because of all the characters living inside me, the responsible adult holds a very minor part. I call her Mrs. Richardson and she really is a drag.

Roller skating in a buffalo herd is one thing she absolutely will not allow. Besides being head-butted into the next county, she says:
1)  We would get buffalo patty in our ball bearings and ruin our wheels.
2)  The terrain is too unpredictable and we could fall and skin our knees, elbows or break something.
3)   Wolves might mistake us for lame buffaloes and attack and eat us.

And most importantly of all:

4) Someone might see us and think we were crazy!

See, I told you she was a drag!

There are 8 other people living inside me. Most of us want to get our roller skates and find a buffalo herd. After a short meeting of the minds (get it?) we resolved that:

1)  A little shit never hurt anything.
2)  A small donation of skin to Mother Earth would be ok (especially the rough elbow and knee stuff.  Besides, we really like Superman band aids. We also have never had a cast before and it would be fun to gather signatures!
3) Wolves have gotta eat too!

And most importantly of all:

4) We will send out invitations to come watch us because sanity blows and so does Mrs. Richardson!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Play Nice!