Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mandalas

My Mandala Blog

My summer can only be described as "crazy!"

I know, coming from me, that doesn't mean a whole lot, does it?  Attempting time management has been insane. We have had births and weddings which means showers and parties. Several road trips, company, babysitting for two gorgeous 150 pound blue-nose pit bull pups, proposals to be written and presented, elbow deep in clay, a couple of commissioned pieces, building the stock of wall rosaries and now I have been asked to paint a friend's pool house using tromp l'oiel. 

Several people have asked me for mandalas. I so want to create them, but a meaningful mandala means interviewing the person, doing the numerology, then the making of it. It takes a a lot of time to get it right.

If I could break up the crew and send them out to do the interviewing, it would really help! Or would it?

One of the friends who wants a mandala is an artist who creates wonderful pottery Goddesses and Fairies and Dragons.  Could I send Carrie-Anne to interview her? Would she ask the artist about her dreams and goals, her preferences for starry, starry nights or misty dawns? Or would Carrie-Anne fill the time inquiring about glazing techniques and kiln temperatures?

If I send BabaMara, would she just share her own stories of the Goddesses, Dragons and Fairies she has known and often traveled with.

An acquaintance who is jonesing for her own mandala is a tri-athlete. Interviews have to be conducted during stretches because that is the only time she is in one place long enough to talk. I can't conduct an interview while swimming or biking. I absolutely don't run. The only one of us who might be able to keep up with her physically is Bill (maybe). I'm not sure he wouldn't spend most of his time quoting Neil Armstrong, "I believe that every human has a finite amount of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises!" or Nora Roberts, "squats are a form of torture designed by people who don't need to do squats in the first place."

Mrs. Richardson would be of no good, she would only balance their checkbooks or do their taxes. Ms. Machado is still reading Exodus Lost and is refusing to budge until the last page has been turned.
Beatrice is napping, still, and frankly, the longer she naps, the better off the world is!

I have a dilemma and the only way I know to solve it is to take a nap. Someone wake me at 10!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adrianne!
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
    Mandalas, swimming, writing, dogs, PR... goodness, how interesting :) I love the motto that you put up on your blog... 'It's better walking alone... '
    Have a great day!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Play Nice!