Monday, August 11, 2014

Personal Fonts

My husband and I were discussing the crew yesterday. He suggested that each member have a personal font. He thinks it might make reading my blog a little easier.  I considered it overnight and brought it up to the troupe this morning...though, I have to tell you there were little whispers in my dreams, all night long! Gothic fonts and mystical fonts, whimsical fonts and fonts in red! I did not sleep well.

Gathered around the pool, sipping coffee and wishing we had some banana-nut bread or one of those cinnamon coffee cakes from Starbucks, the crew and I begin with Mrs. Richardson calling us to order!

(Seriously, she is going to have to lighten up!)

She took attendance, all present and accounted for.

"First order of business: Individual Identification Fonts! A proposal has been submitted to the Board that we might all choose a font that best suits our personal style and characteristics for easy recognition in printed form."

"What idiot added the "printed form" phrase?  If we are talking about fonts, we are talking print!"

One probably doesn't need reminding that Beatrice is not a morning person and is rarely civil before 9 a.m. Beatrice is rarely civil at all but especially before 9 a.m.  I was hoping she'd sleep in!

Mrs. Richardson bangs her gavel on the patio table, knocking two pairs of goggles onto the ground.
"Out of Order, Beatrice! Sit Down!"

"I am sitting down! Are you frickin' blind?"

"I meant "be quiet"!"

"You meant "shut up"! Stop being such a diamond factory!"

"What's a diamond factory?"  Carly-Anne really needs to get out more.

Bill reaches up for his Marlboro hard pack. "Stick a lump of coal up her butt and in a week we'll have a diamond! What Beatrice is trying to say is that our Mrs. Richardson is on the north side of up tight!"

BabaMara takes the coffee from me and hands me the purple pair of goggles.  She is absolutely right. I am going for a swim. The hooligans can bang this out  amongst themselves, after all, I am perfectly fine with Arial, 12 pt, in #424c3d (gray!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play Nice!